Are you engaging the people in your green network effectively?
Whether you are a green business, organisation, or individual how do know you are engaging with the people in your green network effectively? It is important to value people and preserve the personal aspects of face to face interactions in online networking activities. Whether face to face or online people still value honesty, transparency and great customer service.
Here are some suggestions to engage more effectively with the people in your green network:
1) Get to know your audience. Who are they and what do they need from you? If suitable ask them.
2) Find out how your audience likes to communicate and receive information. Design your communication strategy accordingly.
3) Know your key messages. Base them on your goals and vision.
4) Make sure your language is easy to read. It is also important to be positive and deliver key messages upfront.
5) Consider publishing a regular enews letter, blog, group update etc in the same online location at the same time. Consider offering people an opportunity to provide content.
6) Give your audience a reason to come back. Be inclusive and provide opportunities for your audience to get involved.
7) Provide great customer service. For example, if you are asked a question online answer quickly and remember an entire online community will probably read it.
8) Only make commitments you can keep.
9) Stay relevant, interesting and willing to adapt as your audience changes.
9) Review your own progress using the indicators below.
10) Always be willing to improve.
Indicators of effective engagement could be simplified as follows:
If participation increases, you receive regular positive feedback and your audience is growing, you must be on the right track. I hope this discussion has been helpful.